Table of contents:
- General information about the flu and SARS
- The basic rules of prevention
- flu vaccine
- Garlic against influenza
- If a child is sick, what to do?
Parents should also be said about those whose childrengo to kindergarten or school, are interested in, to protect your child from diseases of viral and infectious nature, which include influenza and SARS.
General information about the flu and SARS
According to statistics, more than 80% of children perebolevayutin autumn-winter period. Since the body of a child has an immature immune system, viral infectious diseases can be repeated several times a year. And it is fraught with complications and can cause:
- to aggravate heart and lung diseases;
- to the development of pneumonia;
- inflammation of the middle ear;
- diseases of the nervous system.
Parents should be attentive to any complaints of the child and not ignore any changes in the behavior of a loved child. Flu It characterized by a very rapid development of clinical symptoms:
- headache in the frontotemporal region;
- high body temperature, which can reach 39-40 degrees;
- pain in muscles and joints;
- the occurrence of nausea and vomiting;
The first sign of SARS - runny nose
When SARS mainly affects the upper respiratory tract. The first signs of acute respiratory disease as follows:
- runny nose;
- watery eyes;
- a sore throat;
- mild cough;
The source of the flu or SARS is sickhuman. The viruses are transmitted by airborne droplets when sneezing or talking. Not excluded and contact way of infection by a viral infection, when a child touches objects that are contaminated with viruses.
Panacea against viral infections there, but to reduce the risk of disease can be. Protect your child from the cold only helps the prevention of influenza and SARS.
Immunity depends even on the emotional state
Pediatricians agree that 99% immunity in children depends on:
- his emotional state;
- household living conditions;
Only 1% dependent on drugs.
The basic rules of prevention
Important preventive walks
It is to limit the child's contacts with carriers of infection. No need to take your child in public places, especially in the period of acute infectious diseases.
Note!Obligatory daily walk outdoors in any weather.
If someone in the family is sick, he has to wear a gauze bandage. The mask should be changed every two hours. The child, being in the same room with a patient must:
- several times a day to wash your hands;
- If this is not possible, then wipe your hands wet wipes;
- just rinse your nose with warm salt water. You can dissolve half teaspoon of sea salt in a glass of warm water. Dial into the palm water and draw her nose, then blow your nose, wash and rinse your mouth with water. This procedure should be carried out at least once a day.
Ventilate the room should be at least five or six times, especially before bedtime. In baby room temperature should not be higher than 20 degrees.
Wet cleaning in the nursery
Wet cleaning child's room twice a day with a minimum use of household chemicals. Carpets and soft toys, it is desirable to remove as they are good dust collectors.
Note!Must be used to preventspecial antiviral drugs. Such as Anaferon, Amizon, Viferon, Aflubin. Take antiviral drugs should be strictly according to the instructions.
Before each access to the street need to lay in the nose oxolinic ointment, which has an antiviral effect.
Note!Mandatory welcome in winter vitamin-mineral complexes.
Receive daily dosage of vitamin C. Vitamin C is 2.5 ml / kg child. Ascorbic acid is found in many fruits and vegetables:
- black and red currants;
- tomatoes and sweet peppers;
If the child is not allergic, you can give him a rose hip syrup.
Memo preventive measures include:
- full and regular meals, which includes fruit and vegetables, and dairy products;
- hardening, or rather air and sun baths, as well as water treatment. Hardening is better to start in the summer. After hardening it is necessary to continue the disease by two to four weeks;
- adherence of the day;
- personal hygiene;
- active outdoor games, sports and physical education.
Advice for parents on vaccinationagainst the flu is carried out in the district clinics a month before the beginning of the epidemic. Vaccination - is the most effective method for preventing influenza. Applied modern vaccines are safe and virtually nullify the risk of disease. Even if after the vaccination the child gets sick with influenza, the disease will proceed in an easy manner and without complications.
At what time is best to vaccinate your child?
Vaccinate a child must be in the period from September to December. The development of immunity after vaccination lasts from seven to fourteen days.
Is there any chance of getting the flu after vaccination?
It is practically impossible. Flu is possible only if the child is at the time of inoculation was in the incubation period.