Table of contents:
- Put yourself in the place of the baby
- Fear or simulation of fear?
- How to help your child overcome nighttime fears
- Exercises for bravery
- Prevention "alarm"
Many parents familiar with this situation: baby is put to bed, read a bedtime story, like it's time to sleep quietly, and he begins to act up: ask not to leave, do not turn off the light, crying, if adults do not respond to its demands. So what to do if a child is afraid temnotyi requires that it is not left alone? First of all, it is impossible to ignore the requests of the baby, believing that it is just a manifestation of disobedience.
Put yourself in the place of the baby
Imagine a kid
To understand a child, you need to put yourself in hisa place. Imagine what he could do anything chuditsya in a dark room. The kid had read or seen enough of fairy tales, where among the main characters were terrible witches, wicked witch, crafty goblins, brownies. During the day they are not remembered, but after dark the characters begin to come to life: everyone in the room seems to be scary! The contours of the furniture becoming ominous shape, it seems that they are hiding the very devious characters. Fantasy kid has no limits, and as a result, it is not to win a dream, it is really going through a moment of terror.
Fear or simulation of fear?
Perhaps someone from the parents' doubts: and whether this fear is actually a child or just want to stay awake longer, afraid to miss something interesting? Of course, the fact that many children - young actors who can play a great fright, no doubt. But every parent should know your child, if he very brave, sometimes even desperate, most of all, he really wanted to have fun before going to bed, and the plot could waft the same books, movies and cartoons, stories told by young comrades. If the baby is always characterized by high emotional, impressionable, by nature timid, introverted, more likely, he did not come up with: it is actually very scary!
How to help your child overcome nighttime fears
Give a definite answer to the question of parents. what to do if a child is afraid of the dark, and how to help him overcome the feelings of fear, it is impossible, because all children are different. Options can also be the following:
- You can simply forbid your child to talk about theirfears, turn off the light and go out of the room - though struggling with his own cowardice. By this method often resort very strict fathers or mothers are not inferior to men in severity. By the way, if the child is still not afraid, but in fact only feigns fear, this method is most effective because it does not give your child opportunities to "develop" the subject as long as the fear he really does not appear.
- Some moms and dads prefer to defer alltheir business and stay in the kid's room as long as he does not fall asleep. On the one hand, the method is very good - the child quickly forgets about his excitement and it will be sweet to sleep, feeling its full protection. On the other hand, such an approach to solving the problem has significant drawbacks: it is necessary only to parents to be engaged in some sort of evening, like anxiety, danger immediately come back to the children. There is a risk, and that the child wakes up at night and is next to a parent, will be even more frightened: because when he fell asleep, one of them was close.
- Most, in our opinion, a simple and at the same timeeffective way - is to leave the room included a small night light. The child is calm: no images will not be seeing him in a dark room. And parents will be able in the evening to go about their business without trying to adapt to the conditions of his child.
- All of the above methods can be alternated,that was not based on a child of a certain, since there can always be unforeseen circumstances. Even the most perfect method left for the night night-light - and he can take if suddenly burn out light: the child, if he is used to fall asleep to the soft light of a small lamp, it may be stressful!
Exercises for bravery
If parents know that a child afraid of the dark,sometimes necessary to give him a little instruction, for example, include a dark room any thing or, conversely, to take anything out there, do not include the light. Such "training" will help him gradually to overcome fear of the dark.
Fears of a baby in a certain extent can be prevented. When a child is afraid of? When it is something I do not know or something scared. Parents often provoke the appearance of the child's sense of fear: "Do not do that, coming Baba Yaga, take you!". Not only is such a threat, but also a sharp shouts, corporal punishment (spanking, cuffs) can not affect the baby's nervous system. At the same time it is impossible to allow the child to do what he wants: a punishment sometimes it is quite deserved and fair. A clear daily routine will help to avoid such moments. You can not allow your child to spend too much time watching TV or computer; it must be outdoors, run, play outdoor games. The more active will be the day the baby is, the more he will be tired in the evening, and soon fell asleep, without even having to think about what he is terrible in the room!