- What is a GMO?
- Why create GMOs?
- Interesting Facts
- An example of genetically modified food
- GMOs harm
- How to reduce the risks from GMOs
- Products containing GMOs
- GMO company
A large number of scientists working on todayBiotechnology improvement, but not always, opening and modernization of this sector have a positive impact on human health. Very little is conducted independent studies of genetically modified organisms, ignored the negative results of the experiments, and in fact most foods have a direct bearing on the quality of human life.
What is a GMO?
GMO - genetically modified organism. Genetic engineering changes the genotypes of plants, microorganisms and animals to improve their properties and qualities. Each gene in a living organism is responsible for a specific indication, remove the gene, symptoms disappear, add a new one, there is a new sign. The result is a rice with the human genome or the genome of a wheat scorpion. This is done to make wheat resistant to drought, rice and give nutrition. by genotype change work is carried out deliberately, and it differentiates from transgenic organisms mutated naturally. Operate Genetics existing genes by interfering in the affairs of nature.
For raw foodists and vegans especially important is the question of GMOs, because the majority of experiments, genetic engineering holds on crop production.
Why create GMOs?
It is possible to justify the production of geneticallymodified products, citing the desire of scientists to save humanity from hunger and many diseases, genetics, but often work under the order of sponsors that are configured to receive additional income. It is no secret that GM plants have greater productivity, are endowed with the best taste and resistant to adverse environmental conditions. However, the polar view is that those plants and animals that are created by nature, able to provide humanity with the necessities of life, especially in the management of natural resources.
GMOs are used not only in food production, these organisms are relevant to medicine.
- In 2003, the aquarium fish DanioRerio through genetic modification become colored and fluorescent.
- In 2009, the blue roses have been created.
- Many countries have begun to reduce the cost of GM crops and foods, indicate on the packaging of products that are used in their production of GMOs.
- Many European countries refused to import and production of GMOs.
- In Russia, allowed to import moregenetically modified plants and micro-organisms. But derivatives beet, potato, rice, soy, corn used in the production of many products, so guard against GMOs is extremely difficult, they are found in children's meals, bread, meat and dairy products.
- But to find out whether GMOs were used in the manufacture ofthose or other products is almost impossible, entrepreneurs have found a loophole in the legislation. After all, if a part of the product consists of substances, the mass fraction of less than ten percent, the marking is not required.
- Experiments on rodents showed that afterGM potatoes they use sick kidneys, liver, prostate, heart, gastrointestinal tract. Soy impact on offspring mortality and poor development of the surviving pups.
- GMO may cause the loss of beneficial bacteria in the soil, which will lead to its degradation.
- If we continue in the same vein to introduce aliengenes in the cells of living organisms may start the process of self-destruction of organisms that lead to their extinction. Nature does not allow propagation of artificial organisms.
An example of genetically modified food
- To create a drought-resistant wheat used scorpion gene.
- There is a potato with a gene snowdrop and cabbage mosaic virus.
- Created rice with the human genome, this gene makes rice nutritious.
For some of these characteristics can cause aversion to these products.
At the moment, there is no unequivocal scientificO proven the dangers of genetically modified foods. Still, one should refrain from their use for a variety of reasons, because any intervention in nature can not go unpunished.
- Research GMOs have not been conducted in humans. It is not known how these products affect the health of offspring. And here there was a huge amount of animal pathologies due to the use of GM-potatoes, GM maize, GM soya, GM peas.
- Once the beetles and other pests refuse to use these products, whether it is an occasion to reflect a person.
- If the modified product has caused youallergy, you never know on what kind of supplement so your body will react, because information about GMOs in products were not disclosed. A man from allergies also able to die.
- There is debate about the impact of transgenes on the development of cancer and diseases of the nervous system. As studies have shown, chtoGM products can cause infertility, malformations.
- Since many GM plants resistant to pesticides, they are easy to accumulate, and the person consuming the plant consumes and pesticides at doses exceeding permissible.
Despite such dire conclusions of genetically modified products continue to be marketed on the Russian counters.
Leading position on the cultivation of genetically modified organisms engaged in China, India, South Africa, Brazil and Argentina. Total GMOs is under 8% of crops in the world.
How to reduce the risks from GMOs
First of all, you need to know which companiestransgenic organisms used in their production. And also, what products have modified analogues. The government needs to start labeling products with GM ingredients, not to import products from countries that grow GM plants, it is necessary to support the development of its agriculture. It is important to prohibit the cultivation and use of GMOs until such time as the scientists do not prove the safety of these organisms.
Products containing GMOs
- Soya, almost 85 percent of soybeans grown transgenically. Look at the composition of the product do not buy if their composition is specified soy lecithin, dextrose, maltodextrin, glucose syrup or aspartame.
- GMO beets used for sugar production.
- Potatoes for the manufacture of chips.
- Tomatoes for ketchup.
- Corn for popcorn.
- Kashi and soups fast food.
Also GMO counterparts imeyutmnogie fruits and vegetables, sunflower, rice, peas, wheat, condiments and spices.
- "Mars" production of the famous chocolates.
- "McDonald's" - fast-food restaurants.
- "Kelloggs" - breakfast cereals and flakes.
- "Nestle" - soluble cocoa, coffee, chocolate, food for children.
- "Hayents Foods" - sauces and ketchups.
- "Unilever" - food for children and a variety of sauces.
- "Hёrshis" - drinks, chocolate.
- "Coca Cola".
- "Danone" - dairy products.
- "Similac" - food for children.
- "Cadbury" - chocolate.
See also: What makes Coca-Cola?
Genetically modified products therealternative. If you do not have your garden, buy fruits and vegetables at the market, replace the dried fruit and sweets, drink purified water and herbal infusions, consume natural cocoa beans, honey. Do not buy Chinese fruit. Choose those products that are not genetically modified analogues. Health is more important blyudomanstva. Let the scientists argue about the dangers of transgenics, but there is no doubt that natural products should be a priority.
Good health to you and your family!