Table of contents:
- Stroke as a disease
- Types of stroke
- The causes of stroke
- How to prevent
- The use of folk remedies
In terms of mortality is the second strokeplace after coronary heart disease. This disease can kill people, not only in middle and old age, but still quite young and active. Moreover, physicians and scientists have concluded that a stroke every year younger - frequent cases of injury and death of very young people, sometimes even teenagers. The reasons for this phenomenon are many, so it is very important to know how to prevent stroke, save lives and health.
Stroke as a disease
Acute ischemic attack,which leads to serious consequences or death of the victim, called the stroke. It can occur both on the background of complete tranquility, suddenly, mostly at night, and after the psycho-emotional or physical stress, and sometimes in the afternoon.
At a stroke the arteries supplying the brainblood cease to exist due to thrombosis. Without oxygen the blood does not get into the brain and its cells gradually die off. If the process is not to stop, the lesion will develop and lead to death of the victim.
To a man could survive in such a state,relatives and friends of the patient have to know how to avoid death. At the slightest sign of stroke or even suspected it is necessary to call an ambulance immediately, as fast hospitalization will not only save lives but also prevent the disability of the victim.
As with most other dangerous diseases, stroke is easier to defend than to try to cope with its consequences.
Types of stroke
This disease is not uniform and has several types:
- Intracerebral hemorrhage.
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage.
All these species have different clinical strokepicture and affect patients in different age groups. Intracerebral and subarachnoid hemorrhage refers to hemorrhagic stroke, but not all experts support this classification.
Types of hemorrhage
First place in the number of cases takesischemic stroke. It most often occurs in patients with severe lesions of the cardiovascular system. In most cases, it affects people over the age of 60 years having diseases such as myocardial infarction, diabetes the first type (diabetes), cardiacrhythm, rheumatic heart disease and other serious illnesses. Usually, it pointed out the problems with the large arteries, bad blood picture. This type of stroke is most often happens at night, in a dream.
Hemorrhagic stroke is characterized by suddendevelopment, often asymptomatic, in daylight against a background of strong emotions, stress or physical exhaustion. Usually there are two subspecies of hemorrhagic stroke - intracerebral and subarachnoid hemorrhage. They are distinguished by the localization of the lesion and the age of the victims.
Intracerebral hemorrhage is most oftenIt occurs between the ages of 45 and 60, there is related hypertension, atherosclerosis, and problems with the blood. The most common problem is the combination of all of these diseases, which leads to bleeding in the brain.
Subarachnoid hemorrhage occurs in people 30-60 years old, it is a common cause alcoholism, Drug addiction, smoking, hypertension,obesity, severe head injury or aneurysm rupture. Bleeding in the brain podpokrovnye layers it can be caused by severe alcohol intoxication, even with single dose of a high dose of alcohol, especially strong.
The causes of stroke
Atherosclerosis - one of the possible causes of stroke
All types of stroke can be traced back severalcommon causes. Most often it is severe abnormalities in the cardiovascular system, atherosclerosis, increased tendency to thrombosis, disorders in the blood, taking certain kinds of medications, increased fragility of blood vessels, diabetes, the presence of an aneurysm. The causes of stroke, not associated with the disease or health problems can be attributed bad habits: smoking, alcoholism, drug use (particularly cocaine addiction), a serious excess of single doses of alcoholic beverages, the abuse of drugs or taking several incongruous with each other drugs. Also, the risk factors leading to possible strokes, is overweight and obesity, lack of physical activity.
This disease can manifest cerebral and focal symptoms.
Cerebral symptoms of a brain stroke include the following conditions:
- Loss of consciousness.
- Agitation or retardation.
- Problems with consciousness.
- Strong headache.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- The feeling of dryness in the mouth.
Focal symptoms are associated with what is brain region was struck by a stroke:
- The loss of muscle strength in the extremities, usually arranged in one or the one side of the body.
- Violation of speech.
- Reduced vision on the affected side.
- The absence of pulsation of the carotid artery on the part of the lesion.
- Loss of ability to hold the balance.
- Reduced sensitivity of the body, usually on one side of the body or on its separate sites.
How to prevent
Physical activity according to age
This disease strikes hardest of all, however,women's stroke is less common, and in a smaller number of cases leads to death. In men, unfortunately, mortality is much higher and often a stroke results in paralysis and complete immobility. To avoid such terrible consequences, it is necessary to take preventive measures to protect against stroke.
Ensure that the stroke does not happen ever, can not no man. but Right LivelihoodLack of addictions and abuse can provide a person in good health, which in many respects is the basis of longevity and protection against many diseases, including stroke.
To give up smoking
The main methods of protection:
- Stopping smoking, taking drugs and alcohol as well as drugs that are not vital.
- Proper balanced nutrition, withrestricting the use of harmful artificial and freeze-dried foods with dyes, preservatives and other additives. The menu should be as many natural products as possible, unrefined and unprocessed. Number of animal fats to be controlled, and the plant must be of high quality and natural.
- If there are problems with the vessels, for example, theirincreased fragility, it is recommended intake of vitamin P, for example, routine or Ascorutinum. They strengthen the walls of blood vessels and prevent the risk of fractures.
- Those people who are overweight,you need to start as early as possible to take care of their health. This rapid weight loss is just as dangerous as obesity. Lose weight to physiologically normal weight, slowly and without the use of extreme means.
- Physical activity as much as health andage. It has long been observed that vigorous cheerful people are less prone to this disease, however, it should be remembered that excessive exercise can lead to stroke themselves. Before you start exercising you must always consult with your doctor. You should choose this kind of activity, which will benefit not only the physical, but also mental health, such as yoga, pilates, swimming, cycling, horse riding, walking outdoors. Even the presence of a dog will help to increase locomotor activity, as evidenced by even statistics. "Kennel" live longer - a pet improves the mental state, especially in elderly people living alone, and forces them at least twice a day to go for a walk.
- The fight against high blood pressure andother diseases, which are risk factors for stroke. We need to take blood thinners, reducing blood pressure and other diseases intended strictly prescribed by a doctor and in the dosages that he chose.
The use of folk remedies
Consume more vitamins
There are many ways to protect themselves frompossible stroke folk remedies. Primarily, these methods are associated with cleaning the blood from an excess of "bad" cholesterol, enriching the body with vitamins and minerals, as well as stimulation of the immune system and internal organs update.
With this purpose infusions and decoctionsnumerous medicinal herbs, as well as the use of useful gifts of nature - berries, fruits, nuts, mushrooms and more. It is believed that a good effect makes regular use in food melons and watermelons, eating pumpkin, figs, plums and berries - buckthorn, irgi, rowan. From vegetables considered particularly useful radish and cabbage, and eggplant. These berries, fruits and vegetables have the ability to deplete. remove toxins from blood, remove cholesterol, Saturate the blood with vitamins and useful minerals. They enhance health, and this gives the body strength to resist the factors causing stroke.
It is necessary to lose weight
It is particularly important to resist the stroke of menrisk areas - over the age of 45 years, overweight and addictions. They first need to solve their health problems, lose weight and get rid of addictions. To stimulate the body's recommended to drink a useful tool to help solve several problems at once - to lose weight, cleanse the body, stimulate the immune system and provide the body with vitamins and minerals. It is quite simple and is accessible to all - this is pure water with lemon juice or any other citrus fruit with the addition of high-quality natural honey.
Among other useful natural remedies FolkMedicine can be called Kombucha infusion, tincture of horse chestnut, which strengthens the walls of blood vessels, as well as alcohol tincture of Sophora japonica.
Trying to deal with the potential forof stroke, not self-medicate and consult with a specialist beforehand, or prevention may harm rather than prevent disease.