Table of contents:
- What are the causes?
- Hazardous products
- "Bad" and "good" cholesterol
- What are the symptoms?
- Simple methods to reduce
- Terms of dieting under elevated cholesterol
- Menu at elevated cholesterol for seven days
- drug plants
- Traditional methods for lowering cholesterol
All of us know the term "cholesterol", butvery few people know what the substance is. In the normal range, ie, up to 5 mmol / l, cholesterol totally not dangerous, it is necessary for the proper operation of the whole organism:
- cholesterol converts sunlight into vitamin D;
- involved in the production of sex hormones;
- involved in the production of bile acids, helps in the absorption acid;
- It has a positive effect on the nervous and immune system;
- It is used in the formation of cell membranes.
There is a risk of plaque formation
High cholesterol in the blood - is the risk of plaque formation in the vessel walls and the occurrence of the following diseases:
- damage to arteries, which is supplied with the necessary amount of oxygen in blood;
- atherosclerosis, which can cause clogging of veins;
- coronary heart disease;
- angina pectoris.
There are suggestions that the increased levelCholesterol has a negative impact not only on the cardiovascular system and the brain. Therefore, a high rate of cholesterol in the blood can be one of the Alzheimer's disease risk factors - loss of mental abilities.
What are the causes?
Why raise cholesterol
A number of factors provokes a rise in blood cholesterol. First of all, diet and lifestyle:
- Alcohol abuse.
- Binge eating and obesity.
- Eating fatty foods.
- Eating foods high in carbohydrates.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
In addition, elevated blood cholesterol can be observed in some diseases:
- thyroid gland;
- diabetes of the second degree;
- hypertensive disease;
- diseases of the kidneys and liver;
- in endocrine disorders;
- heredity and predisposition.
Some products absolutely can not eat even healthy people, not to mention those who are prone to increased levels of cholesterol. For harmful products include:
- fatty meats - pork, lamb;
- smoked meat products;
- fatty dairy products - sour cream, cream, cottage cheese;
- ice cream;
- in large quantities of butter and margarine;
- fizzy, sugary drinks;
- desirable to use shrimp, squid, fish eggs any;
- flour products - cakes;
- eggs in large quantities.
This is a short list of products thatcause harm to the body and can cause high cholesterol. Lowering blood cholesterol - is, above all, correct, balanced diet and active lifestyle.
"Bad" and "good" cholesterol
Bad and good cholesterol
Since cholesterol does not occur in isolation,He is a member of various proteins. The compounds, which are obtained as a result of this association, called lipoproteins. Lipoproteins are divided into two types - LDL (low density lipoprotein) and HDL (high density lipoprotein). The first - the "bad", and the second - "good".