Table of contents:
Competence endocrinologist spreadson diseases and ailments related to the endocrine system, moreover, it includes diagnostics, therapies and preventive measures against thyroid diseases.
What is endocrinology
Under endocrinology understood one of the sectionsclinical medicine that studies the etiology, epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinic, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of endocrine diseases, ie diseases of the endocrine glands.
Let's take a closer look that treats endocrinologist. Treatment of any disease is the responsibility of the endocrinologist?
- Diabetes, i.e. syndrome and hyperglycemiaglycosuria, which causes absolute and relative insulin deficiency, combining with the specific macro- and microvascular complications, as well as other pathologies of various organs and tissues.
- Thyroid disease:thyrotoxicosis syndrome or diffuse toxic goiter. It takes place at an elevated level of thyroid hormones; hypothyroidism syndrome, which is caused by hypothyroidism, and is characterized by low levels of thyroid hormones in the blood serum.
- ObesityObesity, which is manifested in chronicviolation of metabolic processes in the body, resulting in an excess of fatty tissue develops. It promotes dysfunctional systems of the body, the complicated work of internal organs. Obesity is also characterized by a relapse after treatment and the development of high speed.
- Hypothalamic-pituitary disease: hyperprolactinemia syndrome caused by the pernicious influence of the increased production of prolactin, which is manifested secondary gonadal failure; diabetes insipidus - a disease characterized by a reduced ability of the kidneys to concentrate urine. The reasons may be impaired synthesis, transportation and release of antidiuretic hormone or decrease the sensitivity of the renal tubules.
- Syndromes associated with a calcium deficiencybody: hypercalcemia - characterized by elevated levels of calcium in the body; hypoparathyroidism - is characterized by a lack of calcium in the body, decreasing the reabsorption of calcium kidney tubules and decreased calcium absorption in the intestinal tract.
If any symptoms should consult a doctor-endocrinologist?
In diabetes the patient may experiencedry mouth, thirst, polyuria, weight loss, polyphagia, lethargy, a sharp decline in physical activity and libido, weakness, susceptibility to infectious and fungal diseases.
In diseases of the thyroid gland:
- the syndrome of hyperthyroidism observed hyperactivity, weakness, irritability, incomprehensible anxiety, weight loss, hormonal imbalance, heart palpitations and enhanced appetite.
- the syndrome of hypothyroidism patient is experiencing fatigue, drowsiness, poor tolerance of cold and low temperatures, weakened memory, constipation, menorrhagia begin and oligomenorrhea and arthralgia.
In obese patients it is difficult to move, is constantly present shortness of breath, body mass index is much more than the norm, increased blood pressure, reduced potency.
If hypothalamic-pituitary diseases:
- with diabetes insipidus symptoms manifested in polyuria, polydipsia, sleep disorders.
- the syndrome of hyperprolactinemia observed galactorrhea, frigidity, loss of libido and vaginal dryness, decreased appetite.
In disorders of calcium metabolism:
- hypercalcemia finds himself by general weakness, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, weight loss, pain in bone, weakness in the limbs.
- hypocalcemia is characterized by fever, chills, rapid heartbeat, hormonal disturbances in the body, brittle nails and hair, insomnia, memory loss, depression, vomiting, constipation.