At the wedding, friends presented newlyweds a set of luxurious bed linen, made in a juicy red color. The newly-minted husband surprisingly remarked: “Red linen does not really suitable for a calm sleep.” In response, the young wife said: “Are you going to SLEEP at night on a honeymoon?” Everyone laughed at her hint and the present was gratefully accepted.
Earlier, everything was somehow simpler: white and gray shades of bed linen made the choice instead of their owners. But recently in the textile market people produce many models of the most diverse shades. And then it’s time to get lost even to the most demanding customers. How to choose the best coloring? What to look for? It’s time to sort this out a little.
Many designers offer to select bed linen in accordance with the style of the bedroom. If the room is made in terracotta, the bed can be in a warm shade of spices, earthy and sandy soils, a dark blue sky. If the room is draped in light pastel tones, the bed, on the other hand, can draw an “accent” on itself. In this case, contrast colors, bright patterns and geometric patterns will be appropriate.
Psychological component of color
It is worth remembering the story about newlyweds, how the significance of each color in life becomes clear. Do not ignore the well-known truths:
- Red is the color of passion and … irritability. You should carefully choose its shades, because the degree of rest of the sleeper depends on it. It is suitable for active people, filled with not only sexual energy. But for the married couples who prefer a cozy quiet harbor to rapid clarification of relations, it is better to avoid red in the bedroom.
- Yellow and orange are the colors of cheerfulness and creative energy. People whose work is related to mental activity, will not prevent to buy at least one set of bed linens with warm and bright colors.
- Blue and light green are the colors of harmony and tranquility. It is the shades of blue or green that can create a natural coziness in the bedroom. Suitable for couples who have lived together for many years. Or teenagers who are in search of the meaning of life – this color is like a counterbalance for them.
- Pink is the color of love and care. But if the whole bedroom is made in a romantic pink range, then the insertion of a blue tone in the form of strips or a pattern is perfect for a bed.
- Neutral colors are colors of purity and relaxation. White, cream, beige, and even gray are among the universal solutions for the bedroom.
- Black is the color of neutrality and aggressiveness at the same time. Using of it should be extremely cautious, because it can not only give masculinity, but also put in a depressed state.
You should remember that red flowers on a white background will be perceived softer than completely red bed linens. You can easily combine colors with each other so that they complement each other or soft. In addition, the same color on different fabrics will sound in a special way.
It is possible to start choosing from understanding the one to whom bed linen is intended:
- Children. Their cheerfulness and irrepressible energy require the same atmosphere. Therefore, both individually and in combination, bright colors of the rainbow’s rich colors are suitable.
- Newlyweds. Their passion and desire to spend together very much time can be supplemented with a bright red, orange, dark blue tone.
- A married couple. Depending on the nature, individual preferences and relationships within the family, both bright colors and pastels can be selected.
- Guests. Traditionally for the guest room people try to keep a couple of sets of bed linen in light colors. Usually this is associated with the energy that accumulates in the fabric. And humans do not always want to take other people’s problems on themselves just because the person once shared the shelter with the owners. So choose a neutral color for the linen that you will give to guests staying for a couple of nights in the house.
Trust your intuition when you go for a purchase, and the choice will please you for a long time! Pleasant dreams and proper rest, so that the morning always begins with the “right foot” …