Mole - a common household pests. And as soon as the question arises, how to get rid of these "intruders", immediately recall the advice of our grandmothers. In their times the most important remedy was naphthalene. The substance with a very unpleasant smell, and it is not particularly effective. At present, found that the most important thing in the fight against these pests - not so much chosen means, as the calculation of their main habitat.
How to get rid of the food moth tips
Grocery, which is kept in reserve at home, canbe struck by the food, it is called the grain eaten, as infection may be subject to dried fruits and tuberous vegetables. All foods that are contaminated with the pest, it is perishable.
Do not see living moths in the kitchen is difficult, themore signs that her appearance a huge amount. In the room the little flying golden-brown butterfly, in cereals, flour can be found cocoons on the walls of the kitchen cabinets, especially where cereals are stored, crawl pink small caterpillars. These "symptoms" suggest that there was a "contamination" of food eaten food.
For the rapid destruction of the pest is necessaryremember about the peculiarities of development: egg - larva - adult individual, which can lay eggs. Destroy only butterflies - remain eggs that hatch later, all happen again. Therefore, for the complete destruction of the pests, you need to fight the insects in all stages of development.
Start "hunting" should be directly from the larvae,who live in food. To destroy them you need to conduct an audit of all the supplies of cereals, flour, dried fruit, certain types of moles may even spoil the potatoes. If contamination was detected - such products for disposal. Of course, economical and thrifty housewives are advised to dry cereals in the oven, with the door open or just freeze. But this may not be achievable.
When getting rid of the adult moth - butterfly,It will be the most effective mechanical methods - swat flying insects, or use special traps or sticky tape. Apply the insecticide sprays are not rational, but if there is a simultaneous harassment of other household pests, then the result will be positive.
Built-in, where there were affected cereals, should be thoroughly washed with detergent, and the grooves and crevices process canteens 9% vinegar.
As preventive measures, all loose foods must be stored in a tightly twisted containers.
Destroy moles help and special preparations of the chemical industry - insecticides, which are designed to poison the already living animals, repellents - which will discourage new adult insects.
Most often, the eye catches it Fur moleWhich is very comfortable to live in the darkcloset. In order to achieve its goal - to eat clothing, this kind of insect does not stand up to the obstacles such as the plastic bags and synthetic fabrics, she will not eat them, but a fair amount of progryzet holes, in order to get to the fur or skin.
Wool moth caterpillars are unpretentious to the conditions,can withstand temperatures drop to 0 degrees, live about a month without food. But disastrous for the larvae will be bright daylight, fresh air. Accordingly, the things that are constantly used, do not like moths.
In order to protect the winter clothes in the summerthe period of time necessary to carry out a series of actions. It is noted that the hatched caterpillars prefer in your diet dirty lots of things, especially if it's body fluids or stains from food. The larvae eat away the hair / fur, together with pollution. It turns out that the garment processing helps to avoid damaging it, but this is still not enough. In the summer, woolen clothes and coats, etc. Fur products must be stored in special covers, which are impregnated with termite drug (remember about that mole could easily chew packets).
Physiologically, it so happened that the egg-laying mothssecurely attached to the tissue, and if things shake well, then eggs can easily fly off. Therefore, as a pest management before clean up things on the long-term storage, they must first be well shaken. The same action is recommended at all woolen things once a week. But if the moth infestation has already occurred, the only radical method of processing items will dichlorvos.
Modern chemical industry offersa wide range of tools and objects to combat household pests. All means of moles may be represented in the form of plates, sections, sprays or classical tablets. The most accessible are tablets and briquettes, which is composed of naphthalene and camphor. According to the instruction, protect these items should be placed on top of the cabinets - heavy substances sink pair to the lower part, do not allow to leave the adult laying eggs. A significant disadvantage of the use of such funds is toxic not only to pray, but also for people.
Progress does not stand still, and today we canacquire plate having no odor. According to the summary, the plate destroys the larvae and adults. It is worth remembering that the life of the drug is very limited - no more than 6 months.
Section of moths, the most modern means. They have a pleasant smell of lavender, mandarin, or chamomile, which repels insects. There are special plates for protection of children's clothing.
What kind of folk remedies can help?
Most of us prefer to chemicalrepellents folk remedy that is not surprising. Folk remedies have no toxicity, and the financial aspect is most beneficial. When "grandmother's recipes", you first need to build on that with which it views the insects have to fight - wool or kitchen eaten.
It is necessary to remember about the rule - most of the folk remedies only deters moles, but not destroy it!
- Oranges. Orange peel - a time-testedmeans of food moths. In the kitchen cabinets, where the spread of citrus peel, moths can lay eggs, because their smell is unpleasant for her. However, if infection has already occurred, the citrus assistants not to destroy pests. Fresh crust is necessary to lay out in the kitchen cabinets in the immediate vicinity with groceries, as weathering smell, they should be changed for new ones.
- Laundry soap. This tool can be used to fight bothkitchen and wardrobe moth. The only disadvantage of this method of protection - the economic transfer of the clothes smell of soap. For the adult moths that smell very unpleasant and discouraged, as is able to substantially limit the movement of caterpillars. For pest control, fresh pieces of soap (!), You need to be expanded in the pockets of clothing, kitchen cabinets.
- Lavender. It is this plant is very popular. Lavender - The owner of a stable, strong odor,which repels insects at all stages of development. To destroy the moths with equal success can be used as dry inflorescences and essential oils of lavender. Dry plants are placed in porous bags and left in the cabinets - on the shelves between the laundry piles. Bottles of essential oils with open caps placed in a wardrobe, bedside tables.
- Geranium. Many pests simply can not tolerate the smellGeranium, moths is no exception. For flat enough to grow a pot of geraniums in every room. This plant has shown itself as a good "deterrent" against wardrobe and kitchen moths.
- Garlic and vinegar. Due to its strong smells, such usefunds can only be to fight the food eaten. It's hard not to agree that it is extremely unpleasant to be wearing a fur coat, which smelled of garlic and vinegar. Heads of garlic is recommended to store in a bedside table with cereals, storerooms. But vinegar should be added to the water when cleaning the kitchen cabinets and processing.
- Exposure to temperatures. Any kind of moth, the more apartment, afraidcold and heat. Even clothing bred larvae, then washing clothes in the water more than 50 degrees will not leave a chance to survive the insect. The same can be said about the impact of direct sunlight at ambient temperatures over 30 degrees. Eggs and larvae are killed instantly when exposed to temperatures below 10 degrees.
See also: Mole food: how to get rid of?
It is always easier to prevent the appearance of pests,than after a fight with them. For these reasons, you must constantly take precautions and prevention. Mostly it comes to food. Do not stock up on cereals for the year ahead, and to buy better quality products of proven companies. Fruits and vegetables are not recommended to be stored outdoors. All products must be regularly perebiratsya.Chto regard to prevention of clothes moth, the most effective measure is regular airing cupboards and use folk remedies - strong-smelling plants and citrus fruits.