- Types of cinnamon
- Cinnamon and its composition
- Cinnamon: useful properties
- Cinnamon: Contraindications
Cinnamon - Aromatic spices known since ancient times. Mentions about cinnamon are the Chinese sources, dated somewhere in 2800 BC Imagine that cinnamon per kilogram paid kilogram of gold. From this we can conclude that cinnamon was the "weight in gold" in the truest sense of the word. Cinnamon spice was privilegedSo let it could afford only wealthy people.
Back in 1505 Lorenzo to Alma - European explorer found in Ceylon brown trees. This year Ceylon freedom came to an end - a few centuries, the island fell into slavery.
Currently available to all residents of cinnamonPlanet Earth, however, is not always possible to speak about the authenticity of cinnamon. craftsmen forge her often, mixing in brown extract (Cinnamon substitute) all sorts of flavors and colors. In order not to stumble on a fake, cinnamon is recommended to buy a cinnamon stick. This is a 100% guarantee of quality and safetyuseful properties and flavors. It makes more sense to buy cinnamon where it homeland. Just allow it to itself not everyone can, therefore, be content with what we have.
Types of cinnamon
- Chinese cinnamon, or a simple cinnamon. Also called Chinese cinnamon cassia Canela. Homeland Chinese cinnamon is considered Southern China. This type of cinnamon has a sharp taste and odor.
- Ceylon cinnamon, or noble - the most expensive and precious cinnamon. This type of cinnamon is grown in India, Indonesia, Brazil, Guiana, Martinique not, Ceylon and Reunion. Ceylon cinnamon has a delicate aroma, a pleasant sweet taste, slightly burning.
- Cinnamon - Spicy cinnamon with the rich pungent smell, spicy and slightly pungent taste. Cinnamon is a homeland of Indonesia, rather Moluccas.
- Malabar cinnamon, wood or cinnamon - cinnamon brown. Homeland of this kind of cinnamon is considered to be India. Malabar cinnamon - a sharp, has a bitter taste.
Cinnamon and its composition
The composition of cinnamon include:
- Essential oils
- Brown aldehyde (60%)
- Eugenol (4 to 18%)
Cinnamon: useful properties
- Cinnamon is used to prevent colds.
- Cinnamon has antipyretic activity, but at high temperatures may enhance headaches.
- Cinnamon is a diuretic, so it is recommended to take in diseases of the liver, gall bladder and kidney.
- Cinnamon - a wonderful remedy for many diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Cinnamon and honey together copes with cardiovascular disease.
- Spice lowers blood sugar, Strengthens the heart muscle, so the Cinnamon is useful in diabetes.
- Cinnamon has antibacterial properties, so the outputs bacteria, toxins and wastes from the body.
- Cinnamon helps to cope with arthritis.
- For the elderly cinnamon useful in that it improves concentration, promotes mental activity and improves mobility.
- that strengthen immunity, It is recommended to take cinnamon with honey, it's the combination helps to lose weight (read the article Cinnamon and honey for weight loss).
- Cinnamon is able to cope with skin diseases such as eczema, fungal dermatitis, some forms of zoster, psoriasis, etc.
- Cinnamon powder sprinkled on wounds and cuts to their rapid healing.
- During puberty, adolescents it is recommended to lubricate the honey and cinnamon broth areas affected by acne.
- To reduce the itching and pain bites, it is recommended to rub into the bite of cinnamon and honey solution.
- To cope with a toothache, cinnamon is applied to the aching tooth.
Despite the benefits of cinnamon, it has a number of contraindications. Basically, contraindications relating to pregnant women. The fact that cinnamon stimulates uterine contractions, therefore, cinnamon can cause miscarriage.
- Cinnamon is impossible to use nursing mothers, internal bleeding and high blood pressure.
- Cinnamon is contraindicated for people with individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to spices.
- Note the frequent consumption of cinnamon provoke palpitations, increases excitability and increases the pressure.
- The large use of cinnamon harms the liver and provoke headaches. In the fault of coumarin contained in the spices.
It is concluded cinnamon can not be used when:
- Individual intolerance.
- Internal bleeding of various origins.
- The nervous hyperexcitability.
- High temperature.
- Breastfeeding and pregnancy.
- use drugs, blood thinners.
See also: Cinnamon Hair.
Everyone can choose for themselves the most appropriate option use useful cinnamon spices. Most importantly - remember the least, and proper use of cinnamon.